With adoption of General Plan 2040 on August 29, 2017, the GPWG has fulfilled its responsibilities and is no longer meeting.
- Provide feedback and recommendations to Community and Economic Development Department staff and the consultant team during the preparation of the General Plan update.
- Make recommendations to the Planning Commission and City Council at key project milestones.
- Host community workshops and other outreach events, and act as a sounding board for the community during the process.
- Communicate information about the General Plan Update to other Vallejo residents and encourage friends, neighbors and colleagues to participate in the process.
The 15-member comission is comprised of members-at-large and commissioners from other City boards and commissions. To join as members-at-large, interested community members submitted applications in August of 2013 for the seven available seats, and were selected and appointed by the City Council in September. Commissioners from other City boards and commissions were appointed by their respective comissions.
- Tony Adams (Chair)
- Marv Kinney
- Jim Scoggin
Architectural Heritage & Landmarks Commission
- Brendan Riley
- Pearl Jones Tranter (former)
Economic Vitality Commission
- S.Bre Jackson
- Johnny Walker (former)
Housing and Redevelopment Commission
- Candace Holmes
Beautification & Design Review Board
- Cynthia Ripley
- Sarah Nichols
Members at Large
- Jonathan Atkinson
- Peggy Cohen-Thompson
- Patricia Gatz (Vice-Chair)
- Jimmy Genn
- Patricia Kutza
- Nathan Daniel Stout
- Marian Swanson
Meetings will be typically held from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at the Mare Island Conference Center, 375 G St, Vallejo, CA 94592. The public is invited to attend the meetings and to speak during the public comment period.
PowerPoint presentations from past GPWG meetings:
August 16, 2016 – Draft General Plan and EIR
August 3, 2016 – Draft General Plan and EIR
July 13, 2016 – Draft Sonoma Blvd Specific Plan
June 27, 2016 – BCDC Presentation
February 8, 2016 –Draft Preferred Scenario
January 11, 2016 – Preliminary Draft Goals, Policies & Actions (part 2)
December 14, 2015 – Draft Preferred Scenario
November 23, 2015 – Draft Preferred Scenario
November 9, 2015 – Preliminary Draft Goals, Policies & Actions (part 1)
October 26, 2015 – Healthy Community
April 27, 2015 – Draft Future Scenario Concepts
January 26, 2015 – Economic Development
December 8, 2014 – General Plan Updated Process
November 10, 2014 – Opportunity Areas
October 27, 2014 – Sustainable Communities
September 22, 2014 – Form-Based/Conventional Zoning
April 28, 2014 – Guiding Principles Community Outreach Summary
January 13, 2014 – Propel Vallejo Overview