- Provide feedback and recommendations to Community and Economic Development Department staff and the consultant team during the preparation of the General Plan update.
- Make recommendations to the Planning Commission and City Council at key project milestones.
- Host community workshops and other outreach events, and act as a sounding board for the community during the process.
- Communicate information about the General Plan Update to other Vallejo residents and encourage friends, neighbors and colleagues to participate in the process.
The 15-member comission is comprised of members-at-large and commissioners from other City boards and commissions. To join as members-at-large, interested community members submitted applications in August of 2013 for the seven available seats, and were selected and appointed by the City Council in September. Commissioners from other City boards and commissions were appointed by their respective comissions.
- Tony Adams (Chair)
- Marv Kinney
- Jim Scoggin
Architectural Heritage & Landmarks Commission
- Brendan Riley
- Pearl Jones Tranter (former)
Economic Vitality Commission
- S.Bre Jackson
- Johnny Walker (former)
Housing and Redevelopment Commission
- Candace Holmes
Beautification & Design Review Board
- Cynthia Ripley
- Sarah Nichols
Members at Large
- Jonathan Atkinson
- Peggy Cohen-Thompson
- Patricia Gatz (Vice-Chair)
- Jimmy Genn
- Patricia Kutza
- Nathan Daniel Stout
- Marian Swanson
Meetings will be typically held from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at the Mare Island Conference Center, 375 G St, Vallejo, CA 94592. The public is invited to attend the meetings and to speak during the public comment period.
PowerPoint presentations from past meetings:
July 13, 2016 – Draft Sonoma Blvd Specific Plan
June 27, 2016 – BCDC Presentation
February 8, 2016 –Review of Draft Preferred Scenario
January 11, 2016 – Review of Preliminary Draft Goals, Policies & Actions (part 2)
November 9, 2015 – Review of Preliminary Draft Goals, Policies & Actions (part 1)
April 27, 2015 – Draft Future Scenario Concepts Review
December 8, 2014 – General Plan Updated Process
November 10, 2014 – Opportunity Areas
April 28, 2014 – Guiding Principles Community Outreach Summary